1 Package Cranberries (about 12-14oz)
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Orange Juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar.
- Heat (medium) and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in cranberries.
- The cranberries will start to pop. Once they start popping, let them pop for a while (5-10 minutes).
- I squish the cranberries to release some of the delicious insides. It also makes the sauce a little thicker.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Whenever you dissolve sugar in something, you are bound to get your hands sticky. I usually use a rubber spatula to stir, and the handle always gets sticky. Since we have pets, I have to rinse of the spatula numerous times to avoid pet hair.
I love this recipe and could eat it all the time if cranberries were readily available. I give it a 5. TC does not like the bitter aftertaste that comes with cranberries. I've tried some different things to change the recipe and make it less bitter. So far, nothing has worked, and I stand by this recipe as it is.