1 Stick of Butter
6 Medium Onions
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Salt and Pepper to taste
3/4 lb. Grated Swiss
1 c. Milk
Cubed Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Poach chicken & cube
- Butter a 2 qt. casserole
- Saute onions
- Transfer onions and chicken to a casserole
- Combine soup, milk, and spices in a separate bowl and mix.
- Pour mix over onions
- Sprinkle with Swiss
- Brush melted butter over one side of each slice of bread
- Arrange bread (butter side up) over the mix.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until the bread is browned
- I can't have milk (I can have dairy, just not milk) so I used almond milk with no taste issues.
It was averagely tasty. I gave it a 3, but I wouldn't recommend making this for a meal. Not only is it not nutritionally balanced, but it's pretty rich. TC gave it a 4 and said it would do best as a side.
I don't know that I would make this again, so I can't promise pictures. Sorry.